been a long time
Create Post

been a long time

Greetings Marines. It's been a LONG time since I last posted on here. I DEPed in on 16 Nov. of last year and I'm shipping out to Parris Island in 12 short days. I PMed Sgt. Leprechaun about my poolee status on here. I am on a 6x2 reserve 0311 contract. I plan to go to college in the winter once I earn the title. If you are wondering I am wanting to get college out of the way first in case I decide to try for officer down the road. After college I am wanting to go over to active duty. I have done my research and have read the thread in this link on transitioning from reserve to active. I have seen things saying it can be not to difficult to switch or it can be nearly impossible. I understand it is up to the unit and that the Corps is downsizing but does anyone have experience with the process in any shape or form? I thank you all in advance.

Profile...changed. Can't help with the question, though. No doubt there are others who can.

Everything is based on the Reserve Unit that you are attached to and the MOS that you do. Each MOS has a limited number of Reserve to Active submissions that they can send to HQ Marine Corps each year. With those, only the most highly qualified Marines are selected. Understand also that this process is not a quick one. Some of the requests may sit at HQMC for times periods between 3-6 months before you may get an answer.

One of the easiest ways, or quickest, for someone to move from Reserve to Active duty is to put in for EAD Recruiter. It's a way where you can go to Active duty full time, but work as a Recruiter. You knock out a B-Billet and have the option to remain on Active duty afterwards.

Thank you for the profile change and the answers. I'll remember that but I have a long way to go before that time comes. Thanks again.

Thread Information